Winter Season Kickoff
Posted by Juneau Adult Hockey Association on Jan 10 2015 at 12:53PM PST in Winter 2015
Happy New Year JAHA Players,
Welcome to the Winter 2015 season!
Last season went great – congratulations again to those who won their tier’s championship – and I hope everyone had a happy holiday season.
As we start another season, the JAHA board would like to remind everyone of a few things to make sure you have as good of a time on the ice as possible:
- FACEBOOK: To make sure you get all updates, please follow JAHA’s Facebook page if you don’t already. This is the quickest, most efficient way we have to push out important information and will typically point back to more information at this site. The page is public, so you do not need to be a Facebook member to view the page.
- RULES & BYLAWS: Please take a moment to read over the JAHA Rules and bylaws be familiar with them.
- SUBSTITUTIONS: Teams may add up to a maximum of 4 substitute players up to a maximum of 9 for the team. In Coed tiers, no opposing team approval is necessary unless the player(s) is coming from a higher tier. In mixed-skill tiers, Women’s and 40+, you must get the approval of the opposing team representative before adding a substitute player. No substitutions except for goalies are allowed in the tournament.
- PAYMENT: If you were a late registrant and HAVE NOT PAID or otherwise arranged for payment, you must do so before you step on the ice.
- STICKERS: Make sure you get your BLUE Winter season JAHA sticker and place it on the back center of your helmet to allow on-ice officials to quickly confirm that you are a registered JAHA member. Stickers will be distributed by your tier and/or team representative.
- COACHES: Are you an intermediate or above skilled player and would like to help out a Tier C team? Let us know and we’ll set you up! Your role will be to attend games, join the team on the bench, and help with positioning, line changes, and other hockey rules/strategies.
Thanks again everyone for choosing JAHA as part of your recreational activities. We look forward to another awesome season on the ice!
— Commissioner Soza
There are no comments for this announcement.