News and Announcements
See below for the Winter 2019 JAHA Playoff Schedule.
All championship games will happen on Sunday, April 7th.
Disclaimer: We’re including the schedule IN this announcement so you don’t have to download a separate document, but there’s no way to test how the formatting will look as an email without actually sending the email! If the spacing and such looks goofy below, you can grab an image of the schedule from our public JAHA Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/JuneauHockey/
Tier A 1 Sunday 24-Mar 7:45 PM Rank 2 vs Rank 3
Tier A 2 Thursday 28-Mar 8:00 PM Rank 1 vs Winner Game 1
Tier A 3 Sunday 31-Mar 9:00 PM Loser Game 1 vs Loser Game 2
Tier A © Sunday 7-Apr 4:00 PM Winner Game 2 vs Winner Game 3
Tier B 1 Sunday 24-Mar 4:00 PM Rank 2 vs Rank 3
Tier B 2 Sunday 24-Mar 10:15 PM Rank 4 vs Rank 5
Tier B 3 Tuesday 26-Mar 8:00 PM Rank 1 vs Winner Game 2
Tier B 4 Tuesday 26-Mar 9:15 PM Loser Game 1 vs Loser Game 2
Tier B 5 Sunday 31-Mar 5:15 PM Winner Game 1 vs Winner Game 3
Tier B 6 Tuesday 2-Apr 9:15 PM Loser Game 3 vs Winner Game 4
Tier B 7 Thursday 4-Apr 8:00 PM Loser Game 5 vs Winner Game 6
Tier B © Sunday 7-Apr 6:30 PM Winner Game 5 vs Winner Game 7
Tier C 1 Sunday 24-Mar 6:30 PM Rank 2 vs Rank 3
Tier C 2 Wednesday 27-Mar 9:00 PM Rank 4 vs Rank 5
Tier C 3 Thursday 28-Mar 9:15 PM Rank 1 vs Winner Game 2
Tier C 4 Sunday 31-Mar 10:15 PM Loser Game 1 vs Loser Game 2
Tier C 5 Sunday 31-Mar 6:30 PM Winner Game 1 vs Winner Game 3
Tier C 6 Tuesday 2-Apr 8:00 PM Loser Game 3 vs Winner Game 4
Tier C 7 Thursday 4-Apr 9:15 PM Loser Game 5 vs Winner Game 6
Tier C © Sunday 7-Apr 2:45 PM Winner Game 5 vs Winner Game 7
Tier W 1 Sunday 24-Mar 5:15 PM Rank 1 vs Rank 4
Tier W 2 Sunday 24-Mar 9:00 PM Rank 2 vs Rank 3
Tier W 3 Tuesday 26-Mar 10:30 PM Loser Game 1 vs Loser Game 2
Tier W 4 Wednesday 27-Mar 7:45 PM Winner Game 1 vs Winner Game 2
Tier W 5 Wednesday 3-Apr 7:45 PM Loser Game 4 vs Winner Game 3
Tier W © Sunday 7-Apr 7:45 PM Winner Game 4 vs Winner Game 5
Tier 40 1 Monday 25-Mar 7:45 PM Rank 1 vs Rank 4
Tier 40 2 Monday 25-Mar 9:00 PM Rank 2 vs Rank 3
Tier 40 3 Sunday 31-Mar 7:45 PM Loser Game 1 vs Loser Game 2
Tier 40 4 Sunday 31-Mar 4:00 PM Winner Game 1 vs Winner Game 2
Tier 40 5 Wednesday 3-Apr 9:00 PM Loser Game 4 vs Winner Game 3
Tier 40 © Sunday 7-Apr 5:15 PM Winner Game 4 vs Winner Game 5
See attached for FINAL teams and schedule for the upcoming JAHA Holiday Jamboree season!
We ended up with six teams, each getting five games between 12/2 and 12/16.
Team names are subject to change as we confirm sponsored teams, but the team rosters and schedules are set.
Once team names are confirmed, we’ll do our best to get teams and schedules loaded into the website, but to be sure you don’t miss any games you should save the attached document and mark your team’s games on your calendar!
See you on the ice!
The document 2018_JAHA_Holiday_Jamboree_-_FINAL.pdf was attached to this post.
Did you miss the first round of pickups for the 15th Anniversary JAHA t-shirts?
No worries! We’ll be doing it again for the start of the Holiday Jamboree this coming Sunday, 12/2.
Swing by the rink between 5pm and 7pm to pick up your gift. If you can’t make it, send someone on your behalf, just make sure to let us know who it is at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember that we only ordered enough for those who signed up by 9/2. T-shirts that are leftover after this Sunday will be re-distributed to those who signed up later in the year and/or didn’t select a t-shirt size at registration. All other leftovers will be given out as banquet prizes next spring!
So if you want your shirt, please make sure to pick it up or make arrangements to have it picked up.
If you do NOT want your shirt, please let us know at email@example.com so we can get it to someone who does.
Dear JAHA Player,
In celebration of JAHA’s 15th year in existence, we have a gift for everyone who registered for JAHA before the Fall games started on September 2nd!
If you signed up by then AND entered your t-shirt size at registration, we will be handing out special JAHA shirts at Treadwell Arena tomorrow, 11/18, from 5pm to 9pm, as Championship Games are going on.
There is only ONE shirt per person, regardless of how many teams/tiers you registered for.
If you need to send someone else to pick up your shirt or you do NOT wish to claim your gift, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks and hope to see you tomorrow!
— Commissioner Soza
Fall playoffs are approaching. The rankings haven’t yet been settled, there are a few tight races going on and it’s going to come down to the very last games of the season to see how Tiers B, C, and Women’s end up!
Remember, in the case of an end-of-season tie for team points, the tie breakers per JAHA rules are:
- Head-to-head wins (if two teams are tied)
- Most wins
- Least goals against
- Most goals for
As always, there is business to tend to:
- PLAYOFF RULES: Because we can’t have ties in playoffs, playoff games that don’t have a winner at the end of regulation enter into a 5-minute run time sudden death overtime period. The first team that scores during this period is the winner. If there is still no winner after this period, a best-of-3 shootout takes place. If there is still no winner, the shootout continues until all players on a team have taken a shot. At this point – and this is still new, so pay attention! – if the game is still tied, once a team has gone through all of its shooters, any rostered skater on the team may attempt shots without restriction, e.g. the same player may make consecutive shot attempts until a winner is decided. The game can’t end until the teams have attempted the same number of shots. All tournament rules can be found in Section E of the JAHA Rules.
- JAHA JERSEYS: As teams are eliminated, the team and tier rep will help to make sure that JAHA-owned jerseys are collected. Sponsored jerseys are the responsibility of the respective sponsor. Please make every effort to get your JAHA jerseys turned in if you know you won’t be around for your team’s final game!
- SCHEDULE: We’ll make every effort to schedule the next round of games on the website as results are known, but always check the attached playoff schedule to make sure you don’t miss a game! (NEW! Once rankings are finalized, a handy JAHA Tournament Bracket file will be posted to make your tournament-tracking life easier!)
- HOLIDAY AND WINTER REGISTRATION: Thinking about the future? Holiday Jamboree starts on December 2, 2018, and is a mixed-skill, fun-first way to burn off those holiday calories. The Winter 2019 season will start on January 6, 2019. Registration for Holiday Jamboree ends on 11/30/2018 and registration for Winter Season ends on 12/16/2018, so go sign up NOW!
Good luck and see you on the ice!
— Commissioner Soza
The document JAHA_Tournament_Brackets_-_Fall_2018.pdf was attached to this post.