Fall 2018 Playoffs
Fall playoffs are approaching. The rankings haven’t yet been settled, there are a few tight races going on and it’s going to come down to the very last games of the season to see how Tiers B, C, and Women’s end up!
Remember, in the case of an end-of-season tie for team points, the tie breakers per JAHA rules are:
- Head-to-head wins (if two teams are tied)
- Most wins
- Least goals against
- Most goals for
As always, there is business to tend to:
- PLAYOFF RULES: Because we can’t have ties in playoffs, playoff games that don’t have a winner at the end of regulation enter into a 5-minute run time sudden death overtime period. The first team that scores during this period is the winner. If there is still no winner after this period, a best-of-3 shootout takes place. If there is still no winner, the shootout continues until all players on a team have taken a shot. At this point – and this is still new, so pay attention! – if the game is still tied, once a team has gone through all of its shooters, any rostered skater on the team may attempt shots without restriction, e.g. the same player may make consecutive shot attempts until a winner is decided. The game can’t end until the teams have attempted the same number of shots. All tournament rules can be found in Section E of the JAHA Rules.
- JAHA JERSEYS: As teams are eliminated, the team and tier rep will help to make sure that JAHA-owned jerseys are collected. Sponsored jerseys are the responsibility of the respective sponsor. Please make every effort to get your JAHA jerseys turned in if you know you won’t be around for your team’s final game!
- SCHEDULE: We’ll make every effort to schedule the next round of games on the website as results are known, but always check the attached playoff schedule to make sure you don’t miss a game! (NEW! Once rankings are finalized, a handy JAHA Tournament Bracket file will be posted to make your tournament-tracking life easier!)
- HOLIDAY AND WINTER REGISTRATION: Thinking about the future? Holiday Jamboree starts on December 2, 2018, and is a mixed-skill, fun-first way to burn off those holiday calories. The Winter 2019 season will start on January 6, 2019. Registration for Holiday Jamboree ends on 11/30/2018 and registration for Winter Season ends on 12/16/2018, so go sign up NOW!
Good luck and see you on the ice!
— Commissioner Soza
The document JAHA_Tournament_Brackets_-_Fall_2018.pdf was attached to this post.