News and Announcements
Just a quick reminder that JAHA’s annual banquet and elections are this Saturday, April 21st at the Red Dog Saloon starting at 6:00pm!
We’re going big on the banquet this year for JAHA’s 15th Anniversary. There will be plenty of door prizes, a photo booth, and games along with the great food and drink at the Red Dog. Of course, we will have a slideshow recapping the 2017-2018 season going… unless pre-empted by playoff NHL hockey.
If you are interested in running for the JAHA board, time is running out to put your name in the hat for any of the positions up for election this year! If you would like to give back to the association, this is a great way to do it. Let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to run for VICE PRESIDENT, TREASURER, REGISTRAR, MEMBER-AT-LARGE B, or a TIER REP position by NOON on Friday, April 20th and we’ll put you on the ballot.
Finally, the banquet is your last best chance to turn in your JAHA jerseys! Take a look in your hockey bag and around your house and if you have a jersey from any of the following teams laying around, please get them back to us:
- 10th Mountain Division
- Bleau Chunks
- Eagle Beach
- Winnipeg Rifles
Hope to see you all at the banquet to celebrate the great year we just had and look forward to another!
— Commissioner Soza
The end of the 2017-2018 JAHA season is near!
It’s been a terrific year for JAHA, with a restructured Intro to Hockey offering bringing new players into the sport, the return of Tier D with coaches, and record-setting registration numbers. Many thanks go out to all the JAHA board members who’ve volunteered their time to making JAHA run, the coaches who made Intro and Tier D a reality, and all of you for being a part of this awesome community!
Championship games for all tiers are scheduled for tomorrow, Sunday, April 8th:
2:45pm Tier B
4:00pm Tier C
5:15pm Tier A
6:30pm Tier 40
9:00pm Tier D
Be sure to come out and cheer on your fellow players as they play for their tier title!
Some housekeeping items and reminders:
- BANQUET: The end-of-season JAHA banquet is scheduled for Saturday, April 21st at the Red Dog Saloon, doors open at 6:00pm. Elections for next year’s JAHA board vacancies will occur at this event, so please make sure to come vote at the very least, or stay and enjoy some time with your JAHA peeps before the summer break!
- JAHA BOARD: If you are interested in serving on the JAHA board for the 2018-2019 season, please send an email to us at email@example.com and let us know! Serving on the board is a great way to give back and help out the association. We have about 10 monthly meetings and a few ad hoc meetings here and there as needed. Board seats expiring this year are: VICE PRESIDENT, TREASURER, REGISTRAR, MEMBER-AT-LARGE B, and ALL TIER REPS. If you would like to learn more about any of these seats, descriptions are included in the JAHA Bylaws.
- JERSEYS: Tomorrow would be a GREAT day to turn in your JAHA-issued jersey if your team has already been eliminated! We are only collecting jerseys that say “JAHA” on them (the 10th Mountain Division jerseys are the exception). If you have a sponsored jersey, make sure it gets back to your team rep or whoever is responsible for those.
- SPONSORS: Speaking of sponsors, THANK YOU ISLAND PUB, LOUIE’S, CARPENTERS LOCAL 1281, RICK DRISCOLL (Driscoll’s Dugout), KENSINGTON, THUNDER MOUNTAIN DRYWALL, SHAW DENTAL, ALASKA AIRLINES, COEUR ALASKA, JUNEAU SNOWMOBILE CLUB, JASON LOVE (Salmon Creek Steelheads), HECLA GREENS CREEK, SEARHC, and JOE GELDHOF (10th Mountain Division). Interested in sponsoring a team in Tiers D, 40+, or Women’s? Please shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you on colors and sources.
That’s all for now! Hope to see you all at the rink tomorrow and at the banquet on the 21st!
— Commissioner Soza
A few quick updates for you on this fine Thursday evening:
- PLAYOFF SCHEDULE: Click here to view the Winter ’18 Playoff schedule, which start on Sunday, March 25th this year (scheduled to avoid spring break as much as possible)! As team ranks are finalized, games will be added to the various tier calendars.
- END-OF-SEASON BANQUET: The end-of-season JAHA banquet will be held on Saturday, April 21, 2017 at the Red Dog Saloon. Time, election information, and more details will be provided as we get closer.
- RAINFOREST CLASSIC: The Rainforest Classic is happening THIS WEEKEND and the Sister City Game is TONIGHT! Click here or on the Rainforest Classic entry in the main site navigation bar to check the schedule, then head to the rink to catch some great out-of-town hockey action!
That’s all for today! Have fun and see you on the ice!
— Commissioner Soza
Do to lack of quorum we had to reschedule our January Board Meeting. It will be held Tuesday the 16th, 5:30pm.
Valley Library Meeting room. Sportsmanship will be one of the topics discussed. Please plan on attending if you have an interest.