News and Announcements
It might be too early to think about playing hockey, but it’s not too late to register!
We’re trying something a little different this year and keeping registration open all summer so you can register, pay, and be all set to go when the fall season starts on September 4th.
This is especially helpful if you find yourself constantly scrambling to get your registration in at the last minute and/or usually end up paying late fees.
For the fall season, the fee is $230 per player, per tier from now until August 20th. After that, the registration climbs to $305 and space on a team with your friends is not guaranteed.
Click here and follow the instructions to get going.
See you in September!
Be sure to head over to the rink this weekend to catch some great exciting action between teams from Southeast Alaska, Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Whitehorse!
Games kick off TOMORROW (February 25) with the Sister Cities game between Juneau and Whitehorse at 8pm.
This game is sponsored by the Prospector Hotel with support from the Juneau Sister Cities Committee.
The remaining Rainforest games begin at 5:15pm on Friday and concluded on Sunday with championship games beginning at 9:00am. The full schedule is attached to this post.
There will be a beer garden and concessions at the rink.
SEE YOU THERE!
The document 2016 Rainforest Classic Schedule was attached to this post.
The Juneau Adult Hockey Association (JAHA) invites you, your friends, and your family to come participate in the inaugural JAHA Douglas Island Cup hockey tourney. Our goal is to bring great people together to play a great sport and have fun!
The tournament is scheduled for April 15 – 16, 2016.
We have one spot open for registration – register now by visiting:
TOURNAMENT AND ENTRY DETAILS
- Team Entry Fee is $1,100, and is first come, first served based on JAHA’s receipt of a non-refundable $550 deposit.
- Teams must have at least 11 players and a maximum of 16 players, including goalie.
- Players may only play on one team. Exceptions may be made in extenuating circumstances.
- All tournament participants will receive welcome gifts and swag.
- First place cash prizes will be awarded to each division championship team.
- All players must be registered with USA Hockey by April 1, 2016. The membership fee is $40 per player and can be done online at www.usahockeyregistration.com.
- All players must be 18 years of age or older by the start date of the tournament. Age exceptions may be made only for goaltenders in extenuating circumstances.
- Each team is guaranteed three games. All playoff and championship games will be played on Sunday.
- The game schedule will be posted at www.juneauhockey.org and will be sent via e-mail to the team contact/captain no later than one week prior to the event.
- No schedule requests will be accepted. Games begin at 7:45pm on Friday, April 15th and end on Saturday evening, April 16th, at 7:15pm or later depending on overtime and/or shootouts. Please make travel plans accordingly.
- Entry deadline is April 1, 2016, however the event is first come, first served and either division could be closed earlier based on ice time availability and number of teams registered overall.
- A team that withdraws from the tournament after April 8, 2016, will not be refunded.
- A minimum of four teams is required to run a division. There is a 10 team maximum for the overall event.
- Each game will consist of three 12 minute stop time periods with a five minute warm-up.
- Three preliminary games will be played by each team within their division that will determine which teams will advance from each division to the playoff round. Standings and tie-breaker information will be provided to each team captain and will be posted throughout the weekend.
- All playoff and championship games will be played on Sunday.
- If a preliminary game ends in a tie, a best of three player shootout will be used to determine a winner. If still tied, a sudden death shootout will take place with each team getting a shot until there is a winner. Each team will get the same number of shots.
- If a playoff round game ends in a tie, a five minute 4 on 4 sudden death overtime period will be played prior to the shootout described above. During overtime, player substitutions may only be made on the fly and may not be made during play stoppages.
- Visiting teams shoot first in shootouts. Once the team with the least amount of players runs out, both teams may start over.
To help you all start planning around your potential playoff games, please see attached for the JAHA Winter 2016 playoff schedule!
Championship games will be held on Sunday, April 3rd and we are looking at Friday, April 22nd for the end-of-season banquet.
The document 2016 Winter Playoff Schedule was attached to this post.
Second Wind Sports, located on Old Dairy Road, has a large inventory of new Hockey Gear. I stopped there yesterday and they have just about everything all Hockey Enthusiast need from Youth age to Adults including a large selection of adult sticks and gloves. This is great news for Juneau Hockey so be sure to stop by and support this local small business and see what they have!
Be sure to ask if you don’t see what your looking for and its not on display as they’ll have some of their inventory in storage as they can’t squeeze it all in the store and will be happy to show you or get you the item your looking for.
Items Coming by Category:
Ice skates (hockey only)
Misc Point of Sale merchandise (tape, mouth guards, laces, skate guards…etc..lots more)
Roller Hockey skates
Roller Hockey pads
Figure/Rec ice skates