News and Announcements
Congratulations to the Fall 2015 Tier Champion teams!
Tier A – Killer Whales
Tier B – Bleau Chunks
Tier C – Hawk Inlet
Women’s – Treadwell
Tier 40+ – Good Hardware
Holiday Jamboree is right around the corner and the announcement for registering for the Winter 2016 season is coming up soon, so stay tuned.
See you on the ice again soon!
See attached for this year’s Holiday Jamboree teams and schedule!
Teams and schedule will be uploaded into the website as soon as possible so you can use the TeamPages app.
The document 2015 Jamboree Schedule was attached to this post.
The playoff schedule has been set! Time to start getting your playoff run rituals going and trick plays drawn up.
As ranks are finalized, games will be schedule for your team. If you haven’t already started using the TeamPages app, now is a great time to do so to be notified as games are added. You can get it from both the iOS App Store and the Google Play store. (Hint: You can indicate whether you plan to attend or not attend a game via the app or the website by clicking on the scheduled game and looking for the “Attendance” link.)
Also, one very important housekeeping note:
- PLEASE be complete score sheets prior to the start of the game. The refs and the score keepers need this to be done before the game can start and any delays in starting the game due to this will impact how much time is left to play the game, which can mean runtime instead of stop time.
Thanks and good luck to all teams!
- Commissioner Soza
The document JAHA Playoffs - Fall 2015 was attached to this post.
It’s finally here – JAHA games begin today at 4pm!
As you start your day getting into the zone, here are a few important reminders about the upcoming season:
- Beginning this season, half shield visors at a minimum are required for ALL tiers. Referees will ask you to leave the ice if you have no face protection. If you haven’t yet gotten a visor, you may want to see about borrowing one in the meantime!
- Stickers and JAHA jerseys will be distributed by your tier and team representatives. If you are on a team that is wearing a JAHA-issued jersey, you will be required to sign out your jersey before you will get a sticker indicating your eligibility to play.
- Stickers must be affixed to the back of your helmet in the center to make it as easy as possible for on-ice officials to confirm your eligibility.
- As usual, fighting will NOT be tolerated and will result in a mandatory suspension per JAHA rules.
- Substituting up to 4 players from the same or lower tier is allowed to bring your team to a total of 9 players without needing the opposing team’s approval in Co-Ed tiers. In Women’s and 40+, opposing team approval is required due to the mixed-skill nature of the tiers. No approval is required for goalie substitutions in any tier.
- Please take a moment to become familiar with JAHA’s rules and bylaws before your first game. JAHA’s rules are supplementary to USA Hockey’s official rules.
That’s it for the reminders, now get back to your game day diet and meditation.
See you on the ice!
— Commissioner Soza
Please click here to view rule changes for the upcoming season!
- Late fees will be lowered for registrations that happen during the second half of the season from $75 to $35.
- A minimum of a half-shield visor is now required equipment in all tiers.
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments no later than September 6th.